I’ve recently talked about the dangers associated with the amount of sugar the average North American consumes.
Not just the proverbial “spoonful of sugar” or sugar in desserts or baked goods, either. Sugar in grains – bread, cereal, pasta, etc., as well as beverages, condiments, soups, “health foods”, even added to processed meats! Sugar has countless aliases now, too… so you’ve got to be on the ball when reading your labels.
Sugar prematurely ages us, causes systemic inflammation, weakens our immune response, skews our hormonal response, dulls our brains, directly contributes to weight gain and blood sugar imbalances (diabetic conditions), and increases our risk for every serious degenerative illness under the sun.
The enormity of the problem is why I’ve chosen to help my colleague, NY Times bestselling author JJ Virgin, launch her newest book and health recovery program – “The 2-Week Sugar Impact Diet”.
It’s a big deal.
I like that JJ’s is a TWO week program. You can do anything for 2 weeks. Right? Right. Especially when your health is at stake.
JJ is celebrating the fact that her new Sugar Impact Diet book has already hit bestseller status… so she’s giving away FREE DOWNLOADS of her 2-Week Sugar Impact Diet COOKBOOK to her supporters!
The key to breaking through your addiction to sugar is 3-fold:
1. You’ve got to cut it out for the time being in order to eliminate the cravings for good.
2. You need healthy and delicious “substitutions” to get you through that ‘withdrawal’ period.
3. You need simple, delectable options to move forward with… to help you stay on the right track with your new healthy lifestyle.
I think JJ’s cookbook helps you with all 3 of those components. It gives you healthy options you’ll actually look FORWARD to making and eating… and these recipes serve to get the sugar OUT of your kitchen and out of your system!!
Here’s one example of a recipe from JJ’s free cookbook:
Asian Style Flank Steak Lettuce Cups
1/3 cup coconut aminos
¼ cup sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime zest
4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic, divided
4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, divided
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ lb grass-fed flank steak
1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
1medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
½ lb. mixed mushrooms (shiitake, cremini, oyster, etc), thinly sliced
4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 cup cooked quinoa
4 large butter lettuce leaves
· Mix coconut aminos, oil, lime zest, 2 teaspoons garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, salt and pepper in a large bowl or baking dish. Add flank steak and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
· Preheat broiler.
· Remove flank steak from marinade and place on a roasting pan. Discard excess marinade.
· Broil steak 3-4 minutes, flip and broil for another 3-4 minutes for medium rare.
· Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes.
· Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
· Add onion and sauté 3-5 minutes until beginning to soften.
· Add remaining 2 teaspoons (each) garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
· Add bell pepper, carrot and mushrooms and continue cooking 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender. Add scallions, and cook 1-2 minutes more.
· Season to taste with salt and pepper.
· Cut flank steak across the grain into thin strips, then cut each strip in half again.
· Place ¼ cup of quinoa in the middle of lettuce leaf. Top with vegetable mixture and flank steak. Roll lettuce leaf around filling, tucking the sides in as you go.
JJ’s new official 2-Week Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook is LOADED with recipes, tools, and great tips to help you get started!
Download your copy here and end your addiction to sugar!! ->> FREE COOKBOOK
Dr. Colleen Trombley-VanHoogstraat (“Dr Mom Online”) is a popular personality in Natural Health & Wellness. She is a Doctor of Chiropractic with 19 years of hands-on clinical experience in the Wellness Practice she shares with her husband, Dr. Marc VanHoogstraat, in Michigan. She is also the proud home schooling mom of two rather fabulous youngsters.
Her unique perspective of the science of Wellness provides predictable solutions and transformational results for those struggling with chronic health issues, as well as those seeking lifelong health. To discover her simple strategies for creating better health through nutrition, movement and mindset, regularly visit http://DrMomOnline.com, http://Facebook.com/DrMomOnline and http://Twitter.com/DrMomOnline.
Also, check out her available books at http://amazon.com/author/drcolleen .
For more information about working privately with Dr. Colleen and Dr. Marc in an Investigative & Functional Health Recovery Program for any number of metabolic and health issues, such as thyroid imbalance, weight loss resistance, hormonal imbalance, food sensitivity & gut permeability, autoimmune conditions, cellular detoxification, mercury detoxification, and more, please contact Dr. Colleen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://Facebook.com/DrMomOnline. Personalized distance programs are available.