If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time (even before I kinda’ sorta’ lost everything earlier this year!), then you may recall that I have a love-hate relationship with coffee.
I know it lacks any real health benefits. No matter how I can twist it around in my brain to justify it… it just simply doesn’t ADD to the healthy function of my cells.
So, for several weeks a few times each year, I give up coffee. It serves the dual purpose of 1) cleansing my body, and 2) proving to myself that I’m not addicted!
Bad news – I think I’m an addict.
Actually, I’m not physiologically addicted. It’s more of an habitual addiction.
I don’t even like the taste of coffee. How warped is that?! If you ask me to drink black coffee, I’ll gag on your shoes right before I give it up forever.
(Sounds like that should actually be my strategy for releasing this vice, doesn’t it? Well, minus the gagging on your shoes part!)
I like the routine of having a cup of hot coffee in the morning. That’s all.
If I could find a single variety of tea that I actually enjoyed, this would be a done deal. No such luck. I drink tea, green tea, especially… for the health benefits. But, I don’t love it.
Then again, I don’t “love” coffee, either, so I’m not sure how that theory actually flies!
I don’t drink very much coffee, actually. I never have more than two very small cups at most. I won’t drink it later in the day. I don’t “need” it to wake me up or get me going. I know this because I can skip it for whatever reason, and feel totally fine.
One of the main reasons I’d skip it is if I didn’t have “clean” coffee available. By that I mean “less-toxic”.
Coffee beans are one of the most heavily sprayed crops on the planet. The leading coffee-producing countries are still legally allowed to use known carcinogens in their crop sprays.
So, we’ve only purchased organic coffee since… well, since we started drinking coffee regularly. If I can find organic and “low-acid”, it’s a bonus!
Some might say “it costs more”. However, it’s more than worth the investment, in my opinion.
I’m also careful about what I put in my coffee. I wish I could just drink it black, but I choose not to at this point. So, I add coconut oil, some coconut milk or organic cream.
Well, I’m just off a wee break from coffee. I resumed with a cup and 1/2 this morning. Blah. I could take it or leave it. Actually, I had planned to “leave it” again in a few weeks… just as part of a little cleanse.
But, then, something happened outta’ the clear blue…
I received this email about coffee. Coffee I had never heard about. It has gotten my attention.
Heck, this guy even talks about making coffee with grass-fed butter! Hello! He’s speakin’ my language!
It’s called Upgraded Coffee and it’s all coming from the website Bulletproofexec.com. Go check out the website – looks like some cool stuff there. Check out what I read in the email…
“Upgraded Coffee is the result of an obsessive pursuit to find the absolute highest performance coffee beans on earth. It’s taken me more than 10 years to identify every step of performance-robbing toxin formation in coffee and to find a reliable, perfect source of beans that always make me feel great – even though “normal” coffee gives me a headache and jitters and makes me cranky. This coffee makes you feel noticeably better than anything else you’ll find. You’ll never go back to Starbucks again. These beans are meant for drinking black or best of all, for making Bulletproof Coffee with grass fed butter.
Upgraded Coffee Is Unlike Anything You’ve Tried
(and why it’s good for you):
- It is carefully produced and tested with new and old methods to target the lowest toxin content vs. normal coffee, so you get all the benefits of coffee without the negative health effects.
- The beans are harvested from a single family-owned estate in Guatemala located 1250 meters above sea level, high enough to produce great coffee.
- The estate is Passive Organic and the family that owns it does not allow chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, etc.) It is not economical for Central American boutique coffee estates to become certified organic.
- They are hand picked by experienced coffee harvesters – skilled people who know how to pick only perfectly ripe berries.
- Most coffee beans are processed by either leaving them in the sun and elements to wither and dry, or by pressing them and letting them ferment (spoil) to remove the outer layer of the bean. Both of these techniques are known to produce significant levels of mycotoxins as they enhance flavor. Upgraded Coffee beans are mechanically processed right after picking using only clean cold water. This more expensive process is safer because it dramatically reduces harmful molds or bacteria from impacting your health.
- The beans are roasted in small batches by the #1 ranked roaster in United States under the strictest conditions. Roasting the beans enhances their antioxidant capacity and flavor to provide you with a healthier, tastier cup of coffee.”
Then he goes on to describe “Bulletproof coffee”…
“Coffee Is Better With (Grass-Fed) Butter
Bulletproof Coffee is a mixture of high quality grass-fed butter, pharmaceutical grade MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides), and specially selected Upgraded Coffee Beans. This drink is becoming wildly popular for several reasons:
- It makes you feel energized, alert, and focused all day without the crash of commercial energy drinks.
- It melts body fat and can increase muscle mass. One of our clients lost 75 pounds in 75 days using Bulletproof Coffee as a part of his Bulletproof Fasting custom protocol.
- It’s made with high quality unsalted grass-fed butter, so it tastes great and provides important fatty acids like CLA.
This is the ultimate drink of the high performance entrepreneur…or school teacher.”
(I’ll add “home school teacher” to that list, too!)
Hmmm… I know it makes ME curious. How about you?
This could change my plans to give up coffee again in the near future! I’m going to be looking into this a bit more. I betcha’ it’ll be even easier for me to justify drinking this! (mischievous giggle)
In the meantime, if you’re a coffee drinker, please make sure you’re not just drinking conventional coffee anymore. It’s definitely time to upgrade, whether it’s to this Bulletproof drink, or to organic. Just upgrade!
Oh, let me know if you try Upgraded Coffee… and if it makes you leap tall buildings in a single bound! ; )